Mors-Thy Welcome Centre is an inter-municipal cooperation between Thisted and Morsø municipalities and is helping to ensure a qualified labour supply in the North Jutland region now and in the future. Mors-Thy Welcome Centre is part of the regional project "Welcome Centres - Live and Work in North Denmark".
Specifically, the Mors-Thy Welcome Centre will help to make it easier for companies in the two municipalities to attract and recruit skilled foreign workers.
The Welcome Centre will also help to make it attractive for international staff and any accompanying families to settle in the area. The services of Mors-Thy Welcome Centre include the following:
• One place/one person to turn to for both employer and employee
• Information about procedures which can often be quite confusing
• Help with registration
• Practical assistance (letters from the authorities, residence permits, tax, housing, etc.)
• Creating a spouse CV/job bank at the regional level
• Help with integration in the local area
• Introduction to leisure activities and clubs
• Free training for companies and employees
• Social networking
• Information sessions for international staff
The project manager would also like to be contacted with:
• Good ideas and tips
• Requests/invitations from businesses and employees
• Information about specific needs
Project Manager Joan Nørgaard Madsen has an office in the culture Divison, Morsø Kommune, Holgersgade 7, second floor, and can be seen there on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Joan Nørgaard Madsen can also be seen every Tuesday at the Job Centre in Thisted, Skolegade 8A, second floor. The project manager can also always be contacted by telephone or email regardless of location.
If it turns out that Mors-Thy Welcome Centre is not the proper body to help, you will be referred to the person who can.
Joan Nørgaard Madsen
Mors-Thy Welcome Centre
M: + 45 2119 8179
T: +45 9970 7180
Welcome Centres - Live and Work in North Denmark:
The project is funded by the EU Social Fund and in addition to the North Jutland administration the partnership includes Dansk Industri, the Danish Construction Association, Region North Jutland and the municipalities that wished to participate – including Thisted and Morsø.